September guest artist - Paulette Lagana

concord art association paulette lagana

Join us for our next meeting at the Concord Library on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 (1-3pm). Bring your latest work for our monthly mini art show!

Paulette Lagana is our guest artist whose art in watercolor, acrylic, colored pencil and mixed media is on display at the Delta Gallery in Brentwood, the Blackhawk Gallery in Danville, as well as several other art centers in the East Bay. Paulette is a certified instructor of a technique called "Pocket Sketching" that was created by Kath Macaulay.

Pocket Sketching is a portable, compact, quick sketching technique, ideal for travel. Using a water-soluble pen and watercolor paints, everything fits into a fanny pack so you can create a memory on the go. No experience needed - with Pocket Sketching, the world becomes your studio!

"I’m inspired by my life’s adventures, by the seasons, by my own sense of wonder and whimsy, and by being open to the stimulation of my surroundings. For me, painting was a secret place in my heart that I was afraid to enter for most of my life. Then in 2000, I found a teacher and my life changed with the tip of a brush. Painting is the place where I find endless possibilities to see the world and to express myself."