Concord Art Association Plein Aire,
Saturday, September 14, 10am-1pm
Mare Island is located at the confluence of the Napa River and San Francisco Bay.
Today thousands of people come to the island to experience it’s unique history,
open space, waterfront scenery and recreational opportunities. See the beautiful
mansions, stroll the gardens and enjoy the fascinating displays at the Museum.
Whatever your medium of choice there is something to capture for everyone.
· Built in 1901 and renowned for its beautiful Tiffany stained glass windows, it is the oldest Naval chapel in the United States.
· Known as the Admiral’s Mansion, and built in 1900, it is the largest (10,500 sq. ft.) of the 13 colonial revival mansions on the island.
· – Built in 1855 as a smithery, and later converted to the pipe shop, it is the oldest building on the island, and currently houses the Museum and Library
· From Concord take 680 north over Benicia Bridge
· MergeI-780 WEXIT58AleftVallejo/Benicia
· I-780 WbecomesCurtola Pkwy
· Curtola PkwybecomesMare Island Way
· TurnleftMare Island Causeway
· Mare Island CausewaybecomesG St
· Continue to 110 Railroad Ave, Mare Island Museum parking lot where we will meet at 10am